Come alongside Cru students from around Chicagoland as we explore God’s heart for the poor and lost in our diverse city. This 3-day event will include virtual seminars each evening with Cru staff and other local ministry leaders.
Click here to sign up!
The 2019 Cru Chicago Fall Retreat is just around the corner! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Join us for the best weekend of the fall! Fall Retreat is a two-night getaway to Wisconsin where you can connect with God, friends from your campus, and Cru students from around Chicagoland! We’ll hear from speakers, engage in meaningful worship and dive deep into community. You won’t want to miss it!
Dates: October 11-13
Location: Army Lake Camp – East Troy, Wisconsin
Cost before 10/1: $50 for freshman / $70 for upperclassmen (a $20 deposit guarantees your discount!)
10/1 and later: $70 for freshman / $90 for upperclassmen
Please note that deposits are not refundable or transferable.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wisconsin?! I don’t have a car. How do I get there?Most campuses arrange carpools for everyone to get up there and back. We will also have a coach bus picking students up from the DePaul Student Center at 3pm on Friday and returning by 3pm on Sunday. The cost of the bus is $15 and can be paid for when you register.
- If I can’t come to the entire retreat, can I come to part of it?Yes, you can come to part of the retreat. The broken down cost for the retreat is $10 per meeting, $25 per night.
- What should I bring to the retreat?You should bring a sleeping bag (or equivalent bedding), pillow, casual clothing, athletic clothing/clothes to get messy in, a jacket, any toiletries you need, a towel, notebook, pen, Bible.
- Can I bring other stuff too?Sure! Bring board games, hammocks, sports stuff, homework (no shame if you need to get it done!), extra snacks, whatever you can fit into a car. But no pets. Sorry.
- What is covered in my registration costs?Your registration covers the entire program, two nights lodging at the camp, all three meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Breakfasts will be continental and not held in the dining hall. It does not cover any travel costs (if you are riding with someone you should pitch in for gas). Usually most students who drove stopped for dinner on the way there and lunch on the way back.
- I’d love to go on the retreat, but I just don’t have the money to go, is there anything that can be done?We don’t want finances to keep someone from coming on the retreat. There is a limited amount of scholarship money available so please talk to a staff person about it or email Kristen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dancing, friends, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, and the Chicago River. Who could ask for anything more on a Sunday night? Cru Chicago would love to invite you to our annual Boat Cruise event on Sunday, September 15th. Join us for a cruise on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan, where we can dance the night away viewing the beautiful Chicago skyline!
The cruise will leave from the Ogden Slip, just west of the main Navy Pier entrance. All guests should arrive at 6:30 P.M. for pictures, check in, and boarding. The ship will return to the dock at 9:00 P.M. Guests should bring a copy of their email receipt as a proof of payment. Tickets are non-refundable after September 8th. The cost for the evening is $35 if you purchase your ticket by 11:59 PM on September 8th. After that, the price for tickets is $40.
In the event of inclement weather, the boat captain will decide whether or not the cruise happens. If the cruise is cancelled or postponed, those who purchased admission will receive an email explaining the situation that has instructions for a possible refund, or information regarding rescheduling.
Purchase your tickets here.